Effective prisoner seating is crucial to your safety. Laguna 3P Transport Seats are specially designed for effectiveness in vehicles. Whether you’re using a replaced seat or seat cover, the Laguna 3P Seat System is the best solution for safety.
BENEFITS OF OUR SEAT SYSTEMS
- Made from strong ABS material
- Easy installation
- Our seating line is designed to fit the contour of the vehicle leaving no gaps to hide contraband
- Increased room translates to quicker suspect loading and the flat, crevice-free surface eliminates the need to search for dangerous contraband or missing evidence
- The combination of material and design creates a quicker, safer, and more thorough biohazard cleanup.
- Our Seating line is designed to work with our patented Ready Buckle Outboard seat belt system for officer safety, never lean across a passenger again to buckle them in.
WHAT ARE THE MOST USEFUL FUNCTIONS OF A PLASTIC PRISONER SEAT?
While cleanup is an important function of a plastic prisoner seat, other possibly more important features include: increased leg room allowing a detainee to be placed in the vehicle with less effort and more control; a sealed seating environment that keeps a detainee from sliding back and forth on the seat. Another important benefit is the ability to clean and disinfect the seating surface which helps an officer avoid contact with body fluids that can present a biohazard.
HOW DO PLASTICS SEATS WORK WITH THE SEAT BELT SYSTEMS AVAILABLE IN POLICE VEHICLES?
You can use a plastic seat either with the factory-installed belt system or an alternative belt system. If you use the factory belt system, you are still faced with the obvious drawbacks: your officer will still need to lean over the detainee to fasten the belts, exposing the officer to head-butts, biting, etc.
There are several alternative belts systems available. Currently, only the Laguna 3P and Ready Buckle offer alternative seat belt systems that meet ALL of the mandatory federal standards for this type of system. Be very thorough when investigating alternative belt systems. If they claim to meet all federal mandatory standards – get that in writing. Using a system that does not meet all of the federal standards may result in the vehicle losing it is Federal Vehicle Certification which can result in liability exposure for the department.
The Laguna belt system allows an officer to fasten both the lap and shoulder belt from outside the car. This means the officer only needs to put their forearm in the vehicle to secure the detainee.